Hall Street Sewer Pump Station – Bow, NH
The scope of this project consisted of one (1) municipal sewer pump station and related items totaling $1.2 million for the town of Bow, NH. The project was one of five contracts approved at the September 2010 town selectmen’s meeting, which amounted to over $10 million. These projects were designed to increase the commercial and industrial development viability within the commercial and industrial zone. The main product for the project was the pump station, with the precast structure measuring 33' in overall height. This was a nice challenge for Phoenix Precast Products, one that you don’t see on many projects. In September, Phoenix Precast Products was approached by site contractor Paragon Construction to look at designing and producing the following three large precast concrete products for this project.
- 10' x 14' x 31' ID precast concrete pump station
- 8' x 10' x 11' ID precast concrete valve vault
- 6' x 8' x 8' ID precast concrete meter manhole
The custom precast structures were designed by Phoenix Precast Products and structural engineer, Paul Becht, of the H. L. Turner Group Inc. We incorporate a matched case process in our production plant, which allows any size product to be cast with a zero-gap tolerance joint for a perfect fit.
- Heaviest piece weight 50,000 lbs.
- 33' deep pump station with varied wall thicknesses
- Anti-flotation extension
- 10' round structures that are re-designed to 8' x 10' vaults to save time & expense
- Pump station = 70 yards concrete
- Mix design included BASF Masterlife 300D waterproofing admixture
** This project was a great example of how custom precast concrete products manufactured by Phoenix Precast can be designed and produced to meet exacting requirements regardless of the required size or depth.